Monday, January 12, 2009

Double Delight stalled a bit

No further pictures to post on my progress. Hope you can get a visual of the basket of pinks and whites halfway sewn together in strips. I still haven't trimmed the step 2 blocks yet as life got in the way this week. I will reward myself this weekend with some serious sewing time...after sitting so long at the computer doing accounting stuff for the biz I'm ready for some playtime.

I am really enjoying this mystery quilt and am constantly amazed that some of the quilters have not only finished their blocks, but they have finished quilt tops and in some instances finished the whole quilt. I am shocked actually. But I'm in it for the fun. As long as I have all the steps printed out (my fear is that I won't and then I'll be left with no instructions), then I can take it at my own pace. This is supposed to be relaxing and fun, not stressful. I keep telling myself that. And I am enjoying it when I get the time.

1 comment:

  1. I am taking my time too... of course it could have to do with my inexperience as a quilter as opposed to some grand desire to finish quickly. If I dont take my time it will become stressful and this is (like you said) supposed to be fun.

    ~Regi

    ReplyDelete