Sunday, August 22, 2010

Attack of the Scrap Basket!!

This is something I've wanted to do for years!  I've dealt with new scraps as I've finished projects and determined not to let my scrap basket overflow.  But yesterday was the day I decided to attack my backlog scrap basket.  I first looked into Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders book to see what her common scrap usage sizes were.  I decided 2" strips and 2 1/2" and 2" squares were the most useful.  That said, I also thought about the 5" charm packs and the new patterns available for them.

Here are the before and after pictures:

Before

After
I've still got a ways to go but I figure I'll be all set to start some scrappy projects in September!

Happy Little Quilting Dance!!

Until next time,
Mavis

2 comments:

  1. I love my scrappy quilts. Our local quilt shop has a monthly Scrap Therapy class and I've made some spectacular quilts with all those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think scrappy quilts are my favorites... and I adore the purple and yellow one for your mom in law. What a treasure for her to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete