Thursday, December 1, 2011

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt progress report

I am loving this mystery so far.  All of my 224 hourglass blocks are done and I'm just over half way through the itty bitty aqua string blocks. I think I'm up to 40 something.


Here's a sneak peak so far:
Aren't they the cutest?  The photo makes them look big but they are dainty 3.5" squares.  I haven't removed the paper backing yet.  That will be a future task during TV time.

And I'm taking the day off tomorrow.  I have an appointment in the afternoon but thought I would indulge myself with some sewing on Clue 3 in the morning.  I'm pretty excited about it.  So far I've used my black, my neutrals (for the hourglass blocks) and my aquas (for the strings).  That leaves the rusty reds who haven't yet had a chance to play.  Maybe their turn is tomorrow.  Morning will tell for sure.  :o)



In the meantime, I'm so cozy under my blankie with my dear doggy (we're both cold this evening) and I'm not sure I have the energy to finish my step 2 string blocks tonight.  I'm happy to camp out on the couch with the remote and some TV time.  X-factor is on tonight and we're down to the final 5 tonight.  That might be enough excitement for me tonight.

Until tomorrow when I check here for step 3... after drinking some of this:



 and then some more string blocks or just forging ahead with step 3.  I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Until then, happy sewing!
Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment