Sunday, November 4, 2012

Some finishes...

I had a great week which included some finishes.  Among these were:

The Curly Birds of Bend



All quilted, labeled, bound, and done!  I started this in July of 2012 while in Sisters, Oregon.  The fabric captivated me in Bend, Oregon and that night in the hotel room, I started cutting and piecing this very easy quilt.  The pattern is called "Shenandoah" and is great for focus fabric that you can't bear to cut up.

And this one has gone to the longarm quilter, Teresa Ranson, to be finished as it's a king-sized quilt for my bed.  This was a Bonnie Hunter mystery a few years ago which was entitled "Carolina Christmas".  Well, Miss Bonnie lives in North Carolina and I live in Canada, so mine is called "Canadiana Christmas".  This quilt should be home in plenty of time to adorn my bed for the Christmas season.


I'll have another finish this week.  I'm just finishing off the binding and then I'll shoot some pictures to upload.

Until next time,

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment