Sunday, October 6, 2013

in my inbox...

I received this email yesterday from a friend in my satellite group:

"Thought you might me interested in the Downton Abbey fabric that is coming soon.
See you soon.Cher"
SHUT!  UP!  REALLY !!???  GASP!
I had heard in the news that there was going to be a line of Downton Abbey products.  I guess that's a natural outcome of such a popular program with an almost cult following.  I guess I figured there might be Downton Abbey fabric but I thought it would be more for house furnishings and drapes/decor than quilting.  But guess what??
I WAS WRONG!!!


Not only is there fabric, but Ebony Love of Love Bug Studios is hosting an online Downton Abbey Mystery Quilt Along.    You have to subscribe and I sure did!  (click the link above to register).  It starts on Sunday, November 10th just before the new Bonnie Hunter Quiltville mystery comes out, so sadly I've had to pick one or the other.  I am going to do something different this year and play with Ebony as it just so happens to coincide with my November quilting retreat that weekend.  I will be following Bonnie's mystery and saving the steps and will decide after the Quiltville quilt is revealed whether I will make it.  If you've never done one of Bonnie's mysteries, I encourage you to live on the wild side and jump in!  You can follow Bonnie on her blog here.
The Downton Abbey fabrics will hit the stores in November.  I'm just hoping that one of our local quilt shops will carry the line.  I've chosen my character - the Dowager - mostly because of the colourway.  But I really love her character on the show.  You can check out the colourways/characters here. but here's a peak:


Anyway, check out the badge underneath my UFO list on the right.  Wanna come play too?

Until next time, counting down the days to November 10th when the mystery starts!

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment