Thursday, December 19, 2013

Celtic Solstice, Clue 3

I didn't make much progress this week on Clue 3.  I was busy working on finishing the binding on my Easy Street.

I did try one set of pinwheels to test my colours (out of curiosity) of my first king colour way.  I didn't do the second Christmas set.

I'm using Triangulations for my half square triangles and they work perfectly for me. 


The only downfall is that when tearing off the papers, if you don't have your stitch length set close and you tug too much, you can undo the stitches.

Here is my first pinwheel ready for sewing together.  Now that I look at it, I'm going to double check my colour placement before sewing them together. 


Clue 4 comes out tomorrow morning and Bonnie said on her blog post today that it will be the easiest clue of all.  How considerate is our dear Bonnie to do this for our last Friday before the busyness of Christmas tears us away from our sewing rooms.  I am hoping to get my step 3 clues finished in between Christmas celebrations.  I'll bet we're going to start building blocks soon!  What a fun mystery this is!!

Until next time,

Mavis


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting Easy Street finished!

    I like your batik pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete