Saturday, July 22, 2017

This and That...

I'm almost ashamed that I haven't written anything for months.  There definitely has been some quilting going on, as you will see from the photos shared below, but there has also been a lot of other life happenings.

We are expecting our first grandson August 23rd but it will likely be earlier than that.  Of course there is a quilt for him and I had great fun shopping with my daughter for the fabric for this quilt.  She had picked out the pattern (from my stash) years ago.  I have made two quilts for other people based on this pattern and even back then she said it was her favourite and would like one in the same pattern for her first child.  And so it was ...





I backed it with Minky and no batting so it's light weight but warm and she loves it.  She said it's her favourite quilt of all I have made.  So...mission accomplished!  There's a very happy Grandma smiling from ear to ear over here.

I have another idea in my head for another quilt for him using the leftover fabric so in the same colourway.  I haven't started it yet but it's in the hopper.

I also finished and gifted this quilt to a dear couple who are newly married (less than a couple of years).   This is a Bonnie Hunter Quiltville pattern called "Razzle Dazzle".  It was supposed to be our cruise project last year but I had to make it at home when the machines were cancelled on our cruise with Bonnie.



This baby quilt went to my great nephew who was welcomed into our family earlier this year.





I'm currently trying to finish this quilt top.  I've booked a long arm quilting appointment for August so I've now got some motivation to get it done and the backing and batting organized.




I thoroughly enjoyed piecing together with nine patches.  They finished at 3 1/2" before sewn together into the blocks and it was just a pleasure to work on them.  They were cute and tiny and I love them!


There's been lots going on in my corner of the world as you can see.  I've just not been publishing for awhile.  Thanks for visiting today!

Mavis


No comments:

Post a Comment