Friday, November 3, 2017

She's caught the bug!

In my last post, I showed you some fabrics in pink, teal and purple that were pulled to make three quilts for three little girls for Christmas.




I had an unexpected blessing...a huge blessing in fact.  My daughter, who was a self-professed knitter only and "no way I want to quilt" person decided she wanted to help me with these three quilts.  And just like magic...the quilting bug hit her.  And it hit her hard.  She enjoyed it!  And she's still enjoying it!  She's telling her friends that her mom is 'beside herself' because she's been 'encouraging' her to quilt for years, blah blah blah.  I'm actually still quite amazed and pretty giddy over the fact that she is picking up my beloved craft.

Here's what we've been up to with these gorgeous colours:

Teal and Purple

I didn't mention it but she has a 3 month old who is safely in the 'pouch'

He's cozy and mama is happy :)

Teal seams pressed open

Pink!  And my GO cutter which cut all the triangles.  Love that thing!
All the strips are now ready to be sewn together.  Now comes the next lesson...how to pin and match intersections.  The triangles cut by the GO cutter make the seams foolproof.  We are having a blast together.

Oh...and get this!  She's going to jump in with me on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt "On Ringo Lake".  Guess who already has her fabric?!





These are my colours (all from stash):




We are ready to party!!

Until next time!
Mavis

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that your daughter has now caught the quilting bug! Wish I could say the same thing; but alas I cannot. Lol. Have fun making wonderful memories along with your quilts. 😊

    ReplyDelete