Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Third Winter...

...or so it feels.  It has been a tough winter in some ways but in other ways very mild.  I don't recall any transit buses sliding down our hill this winter as they did last year, but it sure seemed to last forever and it's still cold despite the fact that Easter weekend is upon us.

Why am I telling you this? I don't really know other than to say I'm so excited that Spring is here.

I haven't been as productive as I normally would be during a long cold (albeit not white) winter.  I put it down to get acquainted with my APQS Millenium longarm.  It has been such a fun journey and continues to be.  That and also lots of cuddles with my adorable grandson who arrived July 30th. There is NOTHING like being a grandma.

Anyway...I'm happy to report that I have now finished the Grand Illusion quilt that I referred to in my last post.  I've been doing some binding in the evenings in an attempt to tame the pile.


I'm entering this quilt in our upcoming quilt show in May and it will be for sale.  I was unsure what to do with this finished orphan but I feel that it should be offered to someone else.  It will be a nice influx of cash that I intend to share with the friend who gave it to me to finish.

I also finished a baby quilt last night.  This one will be donated to my guild who supplies the NICU at our hospital with baby quilts.  It is a very OLD UFO and I'm happy that it's both out of the UFO pile, and off the binding pile.  It feels so good to finish something!



This was the first quilt I quilted on "Millie".  This is before we learned Quiltpath, the digitized quilting software so this was just free motion to get a feel for the machine.  And we are in love!  What a beautiful longarm.

So, along with celebrating the arrival of Spring, I'm also celebrating a couple finishes.


Until next time...let's go find some plum blossoms!

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment