Friday, January 13, 2023

It's a Mystery! (quilt)

 In my previous post here I shared my photos of my fabric choices for the Bonnie Hunter Chilhowie mystery quilt which started on Black Friday. This was my post wedding project to help me transition to the next stage of our adventure on the road.

I haven't kept up with the clues (my normal) but have been very amazed at the reveal.  This is Bonnie's quilt:


I chose her colours this year basically because my stash isn't with me and it was just easier.  And of course it wasn't a chore to actually visit quilt shops in my area of Tennessee to find a suitable array of fabric.

Look at some of these other spectacular colourways and finishes.  I'm so inspired by these variations.



I'm plugging away at the steps.






This blocks gets enlarged once I get to the next step.  I'm LOVING this quilt.  

I ended up using Triangulations software for the hourglass units (quarter square triangles).  The accuracy when using these is amazing.  I'll be using them for all my triangle units in the remaining steps.  I don't mind tearing the papers off while watching a show.  And they are so uniform!  It makes the final product so much better.  If I had my Accuquilt Go cutter and dies with me then I'd probably use those but these are a great option when you don't have your tools with you.

I am up to Step 4 which is the hourglass units.  i've finished them all and they are neatly counted and in a ziploc bag awaiting their next step. 

Next up is some half square triangles.  And yes, I've got my Triangulations papers printed out and ready to process into fabric units.

Until next time,

Mavis




No comments:

Post a Comment