Thursday, September 12, 2024

New Pattern Release - Tennessee Trails


We arrived in Tennessee in August of 2022.  One of the first things I noticed at our campground was that it was green (in August) and there were no sprinklers.  Despite Vancouver Island being called a Rainforest, it's always brown and burnt by the end of June even with sprinklers.  Water restrictions have always been a thing in the summer, as far back as I can remember.  I looked up the annual rainfall in Victoria and in Tennessee.  That's when I realized that Tennessee gets almost double the rainfull of Victoria.  That explained everything!   And in Tennessee we get intense rain and then it gets happy again.  Whereas in Victoria, it's more moderate and you get more drizzle there.  

While we were still camping at the local KOA, I designed this draft quilt pattern and decided to call it Tennessee Trails, in celebration of the green surroundings we were enjoying!  From the draft pattern I calculated the yardage and shopped at a local quilt shop here in Cleveland (before my own shop was even a thought) and  started piecing the neutral background squares (outside while I enjoyed the fall temps).  Then I got busy with preparing the shop and planning the business and all the details and then the quilt sat and the star blocks came later.  It was briefly a UFO but I was determined to finish it!

When my shop opened and I had a new level of responsibility but I also had staff  to help so between the two of us, recently, we managed to finally finish the quilt top.  Now I could write the final border instructions and get them attached.  It came off the longarm a few days ago and today I finished the binding.  I'm so glad to have this one done.  I had the vision almost two years ago and now it's a quilt!  Yippee!!

Designing patterns is a joy for me.  I hope you enjoy this one.  While I've chosen green and neutral, I've also colorized the pattern is multiple colorways in the pattern...including scrappy!!!...and they all look great! So make it your own! And please share pictures.

The main part of the quilt is traditional piecing.  The inner border is paper pieced so that makes fitting it so much easier.  






INTRODUCTORY PRICING:  I'm offering 25% off the pattern for the next week as an introductory offer.  This price is good until 09/20/2024.  It's available as an instant download in my Etsy shop:  www.etsy.com/shop/dayspringquilter or on my website: www.thestitcherytn.com.  On the website it will be emailed to you upon payment.   It's also available in my store in print where you will also find some lovely fabrics to create your own.

Please use the hashtag #tennesseetrailsquilt if you post pictures so we can all see how you've decided to make your own.  I'm excited to see your interpretation of this quilt design.

Piece on!

Mavis


No comments:

Post a Comment