Thursday, December 20, 2012

Done! Last quilt finish before Christmas...

This quilt will be delivered tomorrow to the recipient who has no idea it's coming.  And that's what a surprise is supposed to be right?  It's going to a gentleman that I have known since 1979.  He is a very special person in my life and this quilt is my gift to him.  He is one of these kind and generous people that prefers to be anonymous so I don't want to dishonour him by spilling the beans as to who it is.  He has shown me so much kindness and generosity over the years of our association that I decided about 3 years ago that one day I would make him a quilt.  Well, tomorrow my husband will deliver this to him while I'm at work.  And I'm very excited that it's done and that it's for him.  I sure hope he likes it.

I'm calling it Toscana because it reminds me of Italian ceramic tiles.  Besides being a Christmas gift, it also qualifies as a finished UFO, bringing my total this year to 6!!  That's 6 fully finished quilts plus 3 (almost 4) quilt tops done.   My goal was 12 for 2012 but I don't think I'll quite get there. But I'm very happy with what I did accomplish.

So, without further adieu, let me introduce you to TOSCANA:


Each block is a 4 patch kaleidoscope so, yes, they are all different.

It's definitely time to tidy up the sewing room.  And then bring on Christmas!  I'm done and so happy.

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment