Wednesday, January 5, 2022

First Finish of 2022

During a scrap cutting frenzy in the summertime (before I got overwhelmed and donated most of my scraps to my guild for charity quilts) I pulled out my Accuquilt GO cutter and proceeded to cut out some 'kits' of various shapes designed to go together into blocks.

The Accuquilt GO really does save time on cutting fabric and I have no regrets investing in my system. these Diamond Starts went together really well and used a lot of my purple and green scraps. I used my 9" GO Cube for this block.

If it was green and purple and the right size to cut it went into this quilt.





The blocks measure 9 1/2" (9" finished)

I decided to set them with sashing strips (2" strips) to make the secondary blocks.  


I had a sit and sew with some other quilters online on New Years Day and managed to get the quilt top put together and then added a piano key border.  I think a piano key border is just the ticket when you don't have the right yardage in your stash nor any desire to add to the stash. Or it's New Years Day and everything is closed.




I'm very happy to have another quilt finished and ready for quilting.  This one measures 64 1/2" x 85 1/2".  Next I will cobble together some backing for it and add it to the quilting pile.

This is my first finish for 2022 which isn't bad considering I finished it on January 2, 2022!  Let's see if I can keep this momentum going.

Until next time,

Mavis


No comments:

Post a Comment