Monday, January 17, 2011

Strawberry Fields forever pattern

This is my first 'published' (aka 'for sale') pattern.  I've called it Strawberry Fields Forever.  It's a very simple charm quilt with some applique and bias-binding vine.

Let me know what you think.  I'm uploading it for the taking.  Have fun!

Strawberry Fields




Approx. 60 ½” x 72”
This is a “charm” quilt using either pre-packaged 5” charms or scrappy 5” squares from your stash. 

Supplies:

-         99   5” charms (note:  Charm packs usually come 42 to a pack.  You will need 3 packs for this quilt and will have some leftovers.  You could make a matching cushion with the lefovers.
-         3 meters of neutral fabric (for sashing and borders and binding)
-         1 meter of strawberry fabric
-         .5 meters of green for stem
-         .5 meters of green for vine
-         3 meters of batting
-         3 meters of backing @ 45” wide fabric)


The Pattern:



http://www.scribd.com/full/47055595?access_key=key-m5lbd36b6elbatw099l

Strawberry Fields

2 comments:

  1. I read it, it's very well written! I like how you tell how to cut charm squares even if you are not starting with a charm pack. I also like your technique of sewing vertical sashing, I've never seen that done before, but it makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your first pattern!

    ReplyDelete