I started machine quilting on a baby quilt for a special baby today. I started stitching in the ditch on the blocks vertically and then the plan was to start free-motion quilting on the resulting columns (Janome 6500). I used a thicker Aurifil thread (don't know the number) on the stitch in the ditch portion and no problemo. Tried to free motion with the same thread, not happening. Switched to some Connecting Threads thread in the same colour in the hope that the problem would be solved. Skipped stitches everywhere and temptation for swear words on the rise.
Off to Fabricland to buy some Gutterman thread in the same colour to see if that solves the problem. Some advil and red wine to deal with the anxiety. Haven't stitched anymore yet. But the headache is gone and I've actually laughed at least once in the last half hour. Good sign.
My happy place was not so happy today. Hoping for some victory later. And I'm going to look at a B-Line frame tomorrow, second hand. That would be nice as one of my pet peeves is the pin basting that still results in puckers on the back of the quilt. I'm SO done with that! I'm hoping that the frame will be suitable. We'll see tomorrow!! Pretty excited!
Until next time,