Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Hidden in Plain Sight

It would have been too easy to miss this gorgeous place!  Our friend told us about it so we sought it out.  This is Cape Kiwanda.





We spent about an hour here before we headed off to Tilamook Creamery for a tour of the cheese factory.  If you have never experienced Tilamook cheese I hope you get a chance.  I was introduced to it by my friend Terry when we did a road trip to Sisters, Oregon.  As soon as we found our first Walmart in Washington state, we stocked up on cheese.  I was unaware just how good it was so I followed her lead.  Oh my goodness!  So good!



Our outdoor fridge is stocked up with cheese...and yogurt.  The ice cream was gone quickly.  But you get the picture!

Later that day we dropped Tony off for a rest and ventured into Lincoln City where we found the Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant.  I do believe this is the best Mexican food I've every had.  We had been seated less than a minute when they brought up some hot chips and salsa with some cold water.   And they do takeout so while the presentation wasn't as good, the taste was (for Tony).




Lots of gorgeous scenery and good food today.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment