Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever

And ANOTHER UFO done.  Woo hoo!  Am I on a roll or what??!!

Guilt played a part in getting this quilt done.  When the second anniversary of this lovely young couple had passed and I hadn't yet finished their wedding quilt, I knew it was time to do whatever it took to push past the creative block and get 'er dun!!

I will upload a photo when I get a picture taken of the quilt but here's a teaser...it's an original pattern using about 3 charm packs.  Each charm is surrounded by sashing.  The border is neutral and has appliqued strawberries and a vine on it (hence the name).  What was making me 'stuck' was the thought of satin stitching around all of those blessed berries and strawberry tops/leaves.  I broke free and did raw edge applique which will hopefully add some texture when it gets washed and fluffed/frayed a bit.  This has given me one less excuse to finish my Tuscan Hillside quilt which may very well be the next project back on the machine. It also has a vine and some grape leaves on it.

I am so pleased with the final result of this latest IFFI (I finally finished it!) and I hope that this wonderful young couple will get much enjoyment from their Strawberry Fields Forever quilt.

Until next time... when I will hopefully have snapped a photo and uploaded it...but not tonight.

Mavis

2 comments:

  1. Anxious to see it. I love the IFFI phrase...did you coin that or has it been around and I missed it. Can I borrow it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. IFFI is not my own phrase. Go for it! I've seen it in a few places. Just uploading the photo now.

    ReplyDelete