Friday, December 30, 2011

Orca Bay Progress Report & a Finish!

I'm stuck on step 5 of the Orca Bay mystery quilt on Quiltville's blog here.  Maybe I should recount my foundation papers because the pile doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  I had a great sewing day with my friend Terry yesterday.  We ended at about 4:30 pm, just about the time our realtor called to say there was a showing request for the next morning (today!).

I looked around at 'quilting central' in my sewing room, and knew we had a lot of work to do to get the house ready to show.  So, long story short, my step 5 is still in progress.  I'm loving the colours of my rusty red triangle strings.

I have done nothing on Step 6 or 7 and am hoping to get caught up before the big New Years Day reveal!  Wish me luck...

But here's something I did manage to finish this week during my vacation days:


This is one of the quilt tops I finished at my November retreat.  And this was my first bigger quilt done on my B-Line frame with my Janome 6500.  Not a bad job but definitely still in the 'practice' category.  But the important thing is that my daughter LOVES the quilt.  It's got a minky type backing on it which was a challenge in itself but that's what my daughter wanted, so minky it was.  And batting too.  Yup...quilt top + batting + minky.  It's a heavy quilt that will be sure to keep her warm.

I better catch some sleep if I hope to get those triangles done tomorrow.  It's been a long day.

Until next time,
Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment