Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sew Exciting 2013 Quilting Retreat

It's been a week since I got home from our Sew Exciting 2013 Quilting Retreat at Pearson College in Metchosin, outside of Victoria.  I've been many years before but the difference this year was that I was the Chair of the Committee.  We had a hoot!  Early on we decided on a "Wild, Wild West" theme.  The theme is evident throughout the weekend from table decor, to events.

Here is our committee (minus one member, Terry, whose son was getting married on the Saturday so she couldn't attend).



A fine array of cowgirls dontcha think??

And Linda was a very good sport.  She taught the gals how to line dance on Friday evening!




A good time was had by all.

Our classes were Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Mine was a 3 day class - One Block Wonder with cubes inserted (from the book "One Block Wonder Encore").




Here's the teacher's quilt (Mae Petersen):




I have quite a ways to go and my layout is far from final.  I'm just finishing the blocks and putting them on the design wall for stage 2 - shuffling and getting the correct layout.

Here is a link to my Picasa album from the weekend.


Enjoy!

Until next time,

Mavis



1 comment:

  1. Mavis, this looks like you had a lot of fun!love you in a cowboy hat! :-)

    ReplyDelete