Monday, February 7, 2022

Scrappy nine patch blocks

As I was digging for 1 1/2" squares for my Plaidish quilt in the previous post, I found a lovely inventory of nine patches in various stages of construction.  Some were leftover from my Tumalo Trail Quilt which I just realized I never put on my blog lists. That might be because I haven't quilted it yet.  Oh my, that just sunk in.  It's been over a year awaiting its turn.  Best get on that!



Some were leftover from another quilt called Chippewa Nine Patch that I finished in 2017.

Chippewa Nine Patch.

I've been a lover of small pieces as far back as I can remember.  These are all constructed from 1 1/2" strips and/or 1 1/2" squares.

So I have an assortment of nine patches, about 43 so far, and I am entertaining some ideas to make them into blocks.


I'm going to play with them on the design wall and see what if anything comes to me.  If nothing else, they have been pressed and counted for a someday quilt that needs 3 1/2" nine patches.  But I'm really hoping I come up with something for them now.

Check back for status update!

Mavis



No comments:

Post a Comment