Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014!!

Bonnie Hunter has challenged those following her blog and Quiltville Open Studio facebook page to post some Christmas quilts (or Hanukkah, Solstice, Winter).  We are linking up with her blog starting tomorrow, Christmas Eve.

Here are a few of my Christmas quilts:

Let's start with the oldest...the Christmas stockings I made my kids a few years ago:
 


Next is a Christmas "Magic Tile" quilt which I have now sold.  So glad I got a photo of it before it went.


This one was a gift for my niece  few years back.  It was a 'cheater' panel with chenille borders and red cornerstones in quilting cotton:


This one is also a few years old and was also gifted.  The pattern is called "Warm Wishes"


This next one is a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt from a few years ago called "Carolina Christmas".  I can't remember which of her the books the pattern ended up in but I modified it only slightly by breaking up the squares with some sashing.  This one is king sized and lives on our bed during the Christmas season:


Closeup of the quilting which is now nice and krinkly because of washing it.  I love when that happens.  I used Hobbs Wool batting in this one.  It's nice and toasty warm.


And lastly, is my Christmas Celtic Solstice quilt.  I did two, a king sized one in brown, blue, rust and light blue/white and this one using Christmas fabric.  Originally this fabric was going to be a second Carolina Christmas but I lost steam on doing a second one of those.  The fabric worked perfectly for a Christmas Celtic Soltice quilt.  I modified it slightly by simplifying the blocks.  I wanted to get it done!  So happy to have this one ready for Christmas 2014:


Merry Christmas from our corner of the world in Victoria, BC Canada where we are going to be enjoying a green Christmas!    Mavis



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful display of your Christmas themed quilts! Merry Christmas from Casa Grande AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Carolina Christmas quilt! Love it.....mine is all kitted up & ready to go when i am...Merry Christmas Mavis...p.s....it's been raining all day here in western Ma...no snow either..boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Merry Christmas! I really like your Warm Wishes. -- soparkaveataoldotcom

    ReplyDelete