Sunday, August 28, 2016

Taste of Florence (Aug. 28)

We docked at 7:00 a.m.  This was another very long walking day.  We were off the ship at 8:00 a.m. and met our tour guide at the bus on the shore.  After a 90 minute drive into Florence, we began our walking tour culminating in time on our own to explore, shop and eat if we wanted to.

Florence was my favourite of the Italian cities we visited, with Venice in second place and Rome in third.

I was in particular looking for leather.  I wanted to find a bag but came home with a whole ensemble including shoes.  The Vendor gave me a package deal.  He likes Canada.  Or it was a good line.  In any event he got my business.

The bag is hand painted leather with the matching wallet.  When I spotted the shoes he told me they didn't have many left.  I asked him the size of the display pair.  41 he said.  Well, let's try them.  Perfect fit!  So they came home with me.


So very pleased with these acquisitions!

Until the next port!

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment