Monday, January 31, 2022

365 Challenge Quilt - Progress Update

I'm doing a major happy dance over here.  After finishing 2 more 6 1/2" light blocks yesterday I had enough to finish the fourth light border on my 365 challenge quilt.  And I did exactly that!  The light border is 12 1/2" wide. And the quilt top is surprisingly heavy because of all those seams and 3 1/2 lbs of thread (best guess) 😉


The next border is 6 1/2" wide and is dark.  It will have a mixture of dark 6 1/2" blocks and 3 1/2" blocks sewn together some of which have already been made. 


Below is the diagram from the quilt designer, Kathryn Kerr, from Australia.  You can see how far I still have to go.


I'm half way through the year which should mean half way through the blocks and yet it looks like the quilt is almost finished. Math conundrum...at least for me.  I suspect the smaller dark blue blocks get more difficult as we near the end of the year but that's okay....all this tiny piecing has accomplished one thing...ok maybe two...it has bettered my piecing skills and it has given me a good dose of patience.

Onward!

Mavis


No comments:

Post a Comment