Monday, January 3, 2022

Slow Stitching Recap - Aves pattern by Kathryn Kerr

January 3 brings my third instalment of my slow stitching recap.  If you haven't read the first two, they are posted on January 1 and 2nd.

This project is not as far along as the other slow stitching projects, and it almost qualifies (in my mind anyway), as a UFO since it has kind of been abandoned.  I realized that I had bitten off way more than I could chew adding another intense pattern to my project schedule.

My friend signed on at the same time, and because she is way more focused than me, she finished hers. I'm still basically at the beginning.  

AVES is a quilt designed by Kathryn Kerr of Australia.  She is the same designer as my 365 Challenge Quilt.  These pieces aren't as small (some of the 365 blocks finished at 3" and had lots of pieces).  These were challenging in their own right.  Here is the photo story...first the inspiration...




Then the fabric pull.  Mostly from stash...















And this is as far as I got in 2021.

We'll see how 2022 goes with this one.

Until next time,

Mavis


No comments:

Post a Comment