Thursday, June 2, 2022

Closing in on closing date...

I'm in the process of reassessing a lot of thoughts, behaviours and beliefs as we prepare for life on the road at the end of the month.


Clearing clutter out of the house is one thing; clearing out the clutter in our souls (mind, will and emotions) is also a good thing to do.  Some of those thought patterns need to go.  Clean out those cobwebs!  There's no time like the present to take a spiritual inventory of negative behaviours (ie: neglecting things that would be easy to fix because more "important" things demand attention) thoughts and beliefs that have hindered me or my relationships and don't add to my life and bear good fruit in my life or for the Kingdom.  Walking with God (YHWH, Yahweh) requires that we make a complete 180 degree turn and repent of things that are not in His perfect will or are just plain sinful.  Your Way, not mine.  Your path, not mine. Your Will, not mine. (paraphrase from Matthew 6:9).

Just like we can drag belongings with us from house to house (some useful, some dusty and some just being stored that should  really be moved on) without giving it any thought at all, I believe we can drag our spiritual baggage with us unless we are super diligent and self aware and willing to also offload those things.

As we were at the storage locker yesterday I found myself reassessing the things  I am keeping (mostly sewing stuff/fabric).  I was asking myself the hard questions.  Having our whole family under one roof for the time being has also afforded me some time for spiritual reassessment as people who don't normally live with you 24/7 see things and ask you the hard questions.  No, it's not always comfortable, but it's profitable. Yes it ruffles our feathers but  "as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17) so it's a good thing!

I'm hoping and believing that I will be a 'lighter' person when we get into that trailer and begin our journey, following Yahweh to wherever He leads us. I love the word "sojourn".  That's exactly what we are doing and I couldn't be happier to follow Him wherever He leads us.

Anticipating the adventure!

Mavis


No comments:

Post a Comment