Saturday, April 7, 2012

Delicious Dimes...

I am working on a secret project at the moment that has to go on a plane with me on Wednesday.  Just in case the recipient of this quilt trolls my blog, I have to keep it under wraps.  But it's bright, made from batiks, uses a stack of gorgeous 'dimes' aka 'layer cake' which is basically a stack of 10 inch squares.  The Delicious Dimes pattern is a 'slice and reshuffle' pattern and I'm pretty excited about how it will turn out.  I PROMISE pictures soon, but for now, hope and pray that I can get this accomplished this weekend in between packing and tax prep stuff.

Let's go quilt!

Mavis

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention on your blog!
    Your project sounds like someone is going to be very lucky.
    Happy Spring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn! And I'm thankful that I got it all pieced and quilted yesterday on my B-Line with Janome 6500. Sure makes it easier! And I've even almost named the quilt either Jelly Bean Junction or Ju Jube Jumble - haven't decided yet. DH doesn't like either of them. He likes Joseph's Coat. Um...not sure. Then he just said, Jelly Bean Jamboree. I like that!!

    Well, I'm sewing the binding on tonight and want to encase the triangle shaped label in one corner so I better get a decision made. Pics to follow...really!

    ReplyDelete