Saturday, April 21, 2012

What you working on??

Last night I started preparing to quilt this quilt:


I have committed to hanging it in the Victoria Quilters' Guild 2012 Quilt Show "Journeys"  and I'm struggling with inspiration for the quilting.  I've decided to do minimal quilting on the kaleidscopes because I don't want to detract from the effect of them, but haven't yet decided on a design for the lemony string blocks.  I was piecing the backing together last night and will spray baste it and quilt it  on my domestic apart from the b-line frame.  I want freedom to do whatever the quilt speaks to me in those lemon blocks.  We'll see!  The quilt show is the weekend after next so I better get busy!!

Until next time, let's go quilt!
Mavis

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt top! I struggle with deciding how to quilt stuff... that part's almost as hard a picking a name for the quilt, imho!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt. Best wishes for the show.
    I agree - my quilts 'speak' to me and tell about the quilting...

    ReplyDelete