Friday, July 29, 2011

Serendipity!

Do you ever have days when everything just seems to work better than the day before?  You know, when the brain is firing, you solve a problem or pull something together that was unravelling, or throw ingredients together for dinner from the fridge and it just works??  Serendipity!!  Today was like that.  It was a productive day at work with some energy left at the end of the day to play with EQ7 and design a pattern.  I love when that happens, and it's infrequent, so I'm going for it!

Tonight I started designing a quilt using my coffee fabrics.  I'm going to call it "Around the Block" .  With my coffee fabrics, the quilt label will  likely say  "Coffee Shop Around the Block".  But I am creating this pattern to sell so I want to give it a generic enough name to apply to different focus fabrics and colourways.


The first block came together great!  There are a total of 30 blocks, 5 x 6.  When the quilt top is done I'll post a picture here.  I want to get the sample made because one of the local quilt shops said she would carry my patterns if I brought in a sample quilt to show.  I can do that!! Maybe not tonight but I got a good start on it.  As soon as I finish the first part of the 30 blocks I'll call it a night.

My friend Terry is coming for breakfast and a sewing date tomorrow (the hubster is out of town and we really need some play time!).  You never know what we'll be working on.  We'll see where the wind blows us tomorrow.  I think my friend will be surprised that I have started yet another new project.  It's obvious that the wind blew in some new creativity tonight so I'm just going to enjoy it and show her what I accomplished tonight.

I am hoping for a good night's sleep tonight and I hope you have one too!

Until next time,

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment